1H19 Taiwan Touch Manufacturer Panel Shipments Are Expected To Grow Steadily

- Jan 21, 2019-

According to industry sources, due to the increase in orders for Apple's new iPad series, shipments of Taiwan's Touch Panel manufacturer Taiwan's Hon Hai Group's General Interface Solution (GIS) and TPK Holding are expected to remain stable in the first half of 2019. The situation has developed.


It is reported that Apple plans to launch two entry-level tablets in the first half of 2019, including the fifth-generation iPad mini and another entry-level iPad. According to sources, according to previous shipping records, GIS is expected to account for more than 40% of the touch panels required for new iPad devices, while TPK and Ophelia will account for the remaining 60%.


In the fourth quarter of 2018, total GIS revenue reached a record NT$51.675 billion (US$1.675 billion), with touch solutions sold to iPad devices (including LCM modules) accounting for 60% of total sales. However, due to seasonal factors, GIS expects overall sales in the first quarter of 2019 to achieve a 50% quarter-on-quarter decline.


At the same time, industry insiders pointed out that as GIS will increase the supply of fingerprint recognition module for Samsung Galaxy S10 mobile phone screen launched by Samsung Electronics in February 2019, it is expected that the capacity utilization rate of GIS in the first quarter will remain above 50%.