First, prevent static electricity
The control and drive circuits in the module are low-voltage, micro-power CMOS circuits that are easily broken down by electrostatic discharge. Electrostatic breakdown is an irreparable damage that must be taken care of. Therefore, extreme caution should be exercised in handling, assembly, and use. Static electricity should be strictly prevented. to this end:
1, the soldering iron used must be well grounded, no leakage;
2. If it is necessary to directly touch, the human body and the module should be well grounded, or touch the faucet or metal frame of the console to discharge;
3. Do not touch the outer leads, circuit boards, and ICs with your hands.
Second, processing protective film
A protective film is attached on the finished surface of the assembled module to prevent it from contaminating the display surface during assembly. Therefore, the entire surface of the assembled module must not be removed before the end of assembly to prevent the display surface from being contaminated or damaged.
Third, add pad
It is best to add a spacer of about 0.1 mm between the module and the front panel. The panel should also remain flat to avoid distortion after assembly.
Fourth, welding, external lead wires and interface circuits in the welding module should be carried out as follows
1. Do not allow the solder to drop onto the circuit board of the LCD screen during welding. Otherwise, the screen will not display properly due to a short circuit.
2, soldering iron temperature: 280 ± 10 °C; welding time: 3 ~ 4S; welding materials: eutectic type, low melting point; repeated welding not more than 3 times;
3. If the connection between the LCD module and other peripheral circuits requires welding or changing the original connector, please confirm that the LCD module has passed the quality inspection in advance;
4, do not physically damage the LCD screen and PCB, otherwise it will not be repaired.
V. Precautions during assembly operation
1. The mounting hole must be grounded to prevent electromagnetic interference and external noise;
2. The metal frame claws must not be twisted or disassembled; do not arbitrarily modify and process the PCB board shape, assembly holes, wiring and components; do not arbitrarily modify the conductive tape; do not modify any internal brackets; do not touch, drop, flex, twist Movable module and backlight, etc.
3, the LCD module is carefully designed and assembled, do not free to self-processing, finishing.
Sixth, module storage
For long-term (such as several years) storage, we recommend the following:
Pack in polyethylene bags (preferably with anti-static coating) and seal the mouth; place in dark places and avoid strong light; never put anything on the surface; strictly avoid storing in extreme temperature and humidity conditions (LCD Polarizers are afraid of high temperature and fear of moisture).
VII. Use and Maintenance of Modules
1. The outer leads of the LCD module must not be connected incorrectly, otherwise it may cause over-current, over-voltage and other damage to the components of the LCD module;
2. When the module is used below the specified operating temperature range, the display response is very slow. When the module is used above the specified operating temperature range, the entire display surface will show a full display state. This phenomenon is not a damage of the module, only the regulation is restored. In the temperature range, everything will return to normal. (It should not be used or stored outside the storage temperature limit. If the temperature is lower than the crystallization temperature, the liquid crystal will crystallize, destroy the alignment layer, and scrap the device; if the temperature is too high, the liquid crystal will become an isotropic liquid, Loss of liquid crystal state, also lost the function of the liquid crystal device);
3. When the module is used to connect the power supply and disconnect the power supply, the input signal level must be input after the positive power supply (5±0.25V) is connected steadily. If the input signal level is before or after the power supply is stabilized, it may damage the IC and other circuits in the module.
4. The contrast, angle of view, temperature, and driving voltage of the dot matrix LCD module are quite different. Therefore, if the VEE adjustment is too high, it will not only affect the display, but also shorten the service life of the module.
5, when there is a drop on the screen, it should be quickly wiped: long contact with the water droplets will make the screen discoloration or spots;
6. Do not bump the IC on the PCB on the back of the module to prevent short-circuiting between adjacent pins.
7. Pressing the display area hard will produce an abnormal display. At this time, cut off the power supply, wait for a while, and then restart the power supply to resume normal operation;
8. When there is stain on the screen, wipe quickly with absorbent cotton or other soft cloth.